Neoteric Pistol Foundation, Virginia CCW certified
COURSE DESCRIPTION & LEARNING OBJECTIVES
- Intro: A short description on what to expect from Neoteric Pistol foundation program
- Bio: A Brief description of my experience, background and pedigree I bring to the program, to give you top shelf knowledge to be a pro on the shooting range.
- What is in it for you: How your life will benefit from this program. A couple of examples of our mission in life to protect, and our internal desire to safeguard ourselves and the ones we love.
- Objective: A description of learning and teaching points this program will cover.
- Range Brief: A brilliant first step before you go shooting. You will learn how to build your own range brief and range binder to bring with you every time to shoot, so there is a plan of action if something were to go wrong.
- Pistol Operations: You will learn how to operate all the buttons on the pistol and understand how the gun cycles and works. As well as disassembly of the pistol, and internal components and how they make the pistol operate. You will also learn about ammo, and how to find the correct ammo for your gun.
- Safety: You will learn the 5 MUST KNOW fundamental safety rules that everyone in the gun community follows. Understanding these 5 rules will keep you safe, and make you look like a pro on the shooting range when you attend physical training.
- Stance: How do we stand when we shoot? You will learn 3 stances, the first two stances are well known but out of date, you’ll learn the 3rd stance that the gun community has evolved into today.
- Dominate eye: Like you have a dominate hand or foot, we have an dominate eye. You will learn how to test which is your dominate eye, and how to look down are sights. You will also learn how to look down your sights if you are cross dominate. For example, if your dominate eye is left, and your dominate hand is right, you will learn how to align your sights.
- Hand Form: Do you know how to correctly hold your pistol with two hands? 7 out of 10 people get this wrong. You will learn proper hand form to maximize your hands contact on the pistol and how to apply pressure on the gun which will keep the gun shooting flat and recoil less, which will make you a faster more accurate shooter.
- Sight alignment and sight picture: We have three things to look at, and one thing to focus on. You will learn the orientation between your eye, your rear sight, your front sight, and your target. How we align everything together and what we focus on, to make you an accurate precise shooter.
- Unique Trigger Placement: An inside secret way to touch the trigger. This unique trigger placement will guarantee you to shoot better, then the old conventional method.
- Trigger Mastery: You will learn how to master your trigger in 4 segments. It is an integral part to shooting well, you will learn different stages of the trigger, when to go fast, and when to go slow. To make you a fast proficient shooter.
- Loading and Unloading: You will learn how to safely load and unload 3 types of pistols. Your traditional semi-auto pistol like a Glock, a double action revolver, and a single action revolver.
- Mental Game: You will learn how to over come the psychological condition of shooting a gun. This is responsible for 95% of your accuracy. You will learn how your body naturally responds to the noise of a gun, how it shakes your hand, and your natural reactions to tense or flinch. You will learn key techniques to over come this natural reaction you body goes through.
- Accuracy and trouble shooting your accuracy: If you are on the range and you still can’t get hits on target. These are Final tips and tricks to dial you in.
- Closing: short video on closing the circle, digesting this information and explaining what’s next for you, and our more advances lessons.
After watching the program and passing a basic written test, you can print your certificate that is good for your Virginia CCW application packet for gun competence. This certificate is endorsed by either resident, or nonresident CCW permit. This Certificate can also be applied to your resume or education portfolio.
Submit your review
I have been in the military for almost 8 years and this training has helped tremendously. Everytime I went to a gunshoot, I was told something different as far as grip, trigger pull, and stance. I found the isosceles stance to be very awkward and did not help me. I know my biggest obstacle is the mental game with flinching and i have been working on that aince watching this training. As far as grip goes, I tried many different grips and none of them helped my accuracy as much as the grip taught by this training. It will take many times at the range for me to get it down into muscle memory and to be quick, but it really does help when i apply it. I loved this training because it really breaks EVERYTHING down and explains it in a way that anybody can understand it whether a novice or an expert. It never hurts to refresh yourself on training. So even if you think you don't need training, I would take a look at this because it is very informative and it could help improve your shot and learn new things to be a quicker and more accurate shot!
I found the Neoteric Online Pistol Foundation course to be extremely valuable in continuing to improve fundamental handgun skills. Shooting firearms is a perishable skill, and they say when you find yourself struggling in a certain area it is important to return to the fundamentals. My lacking skill was trigger control and the Neoteric Online Pistol Foundation course resolved my issues! The instructional videos attached to each segment of the course are very detailed and thorough. The instructor does a phenomenal job displaying what he is teaching throughout the course.
After taking this course, I feel more confident in my skills while carrying my firearm daily. The skills I have learned from this course have been tested and proven by my additional training at the range and I would highly recommend this course to anyone!
This course was a lot of fun, very informative and being able to do it from the comfort of home made it a simple no brainer when it comes to getting quality training. In these uncertain times, being properly trained is essential! This course provides that!
Prior to taking a course I had very little firearms training. I did not understand any of the concepts being behind a “good shot”. After the breakdown you receive in just 1 course it will help you understand the basics behind shooting that will transform you from a good shot to a great shot. The course is taught by skilled and knowledgeable guys that will give you skills and confidence you desire.
Solid and trusted instruction across the board. I've been though lots of courses that fall short compared to Neoteric. Beginner or experienced, you'll benefit either way.
I’ve been in the Italian Marines for 4 years, but what I’ve learned with the Neoteric training in one lesson changed completely what I’ve been told for many years...for the better.
Prior to this course I didn’t have any training nor did I know where to start. That’s most peoples struggle the “how to start” . I was able to take the course followed by live instruction and it’s has mad all the difference. I went from being a novice to a license ccw holder. I also had the chance to shoot at my local police department beat out my compensation. When people say “great shot” It brings a smile to my face knowing that it was because of NEOTERIC ARMS !
Solid!... I mean, just absolutely solid training! This is 100% perfect for the new shooter, and an awesome base foundation refresher for any experienced shooter. Very innovative on this companies PRT to create such a dynamic and user friendly way to learn firearms safety and fundamentals!
- Lectures 19
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 89 Minutes
- Skill level All level
- Language English
- Students 294
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Self